Tuesday, February 7, 2017

FEBRUARY READ ALOUD-PETE THE CAT VALENTINE'S DAY IS COOL



It's time for February's read aloud and freebie! I hope you and your kiddos enjoyed last month's read aloud and FREE craftivity for Snowmen at Night! If you missed last month's post, no worries!


If you are new to Pages Of Grace, let me fill you in :) I LOVE incorporating holiday and seasonal fun with math & ELA! It can be so hard to meet all of the standards each day, let alone have time for holiday and seasonal activities. That's why I create learning activities that do both! If you would love to incorporate more holiday and seasonal fun without sacrificing valuable learning time, be sure to sign up for my VIP email list to receive ideas and exclusive FREE resources with each new season.

Click HERE to join!

As we started planning our units for February, we found this Pete the Cat book and knew we had to check it out! It seems like Pete is everywhere right now, so what better time than now to incorporate him into one of our monthly read aloud activities :)




In this book, Pete isn't so sure about Valentine's Day, but his good friend helps him see that it's all about appreciating the special people in our lives. Valentine's Day isn't just about mushy gushy 
love ;) My kiddos and I talk about how we love and appreciate our family, friends, neighbors, teachers, and all of the people who have a positive impact on our lives. 

I created a fun (and free!) ELA activity for you to do with this book. It's about common and proper nouns. Now that our kiddos have mastered nouns, I wanted to introduce them to the difference between common nouns and proper nouns.  This activity has kiddos looking at nouns in the book and determining if those words are common nouns or proper nouns. 




If you haven't yet introduced common vs proper nouns, this is a great activity to do it with. Your kiddos will be super engaged with this activity, since all of the nouns are words form the book. If your kiddos already know about proper nouns, this is great activity to allow them to practice and review proper nouns. I hope you and your kiddos enjoy this activity!







If you do this activity with your kiddos, I would love to know how it goes!  Come back and leave a comment below telling me all about it :)



RELATED ACTIVITES

Looking for more Valentine's Day ELA activities? Here are a few of our favorites :)


SENTENCE WRITING CENTER ACTIVITIES




FEBRUARY QUICK WRITES




Have you signed up for my VIP email list? If you love incorporating holiday and seasonal activities in your day, you'll definitely want to join my email list! Every few weeks you'll receive ideas and exclusive free resources available only to members of my VIP list.

Aaaand...when you sign up now, you'll receive an instant download of my super fun word work game set! It's a set of 9 board games, themed by month, that can be used with any word list!

This is what the February game looks like :)







SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment